Copyrights and related rights
We have extensive experience in the area of copyrights and related rights issues.
- We advise on copyrights over works (including literary works, musical works, text and music works, audio-visual works, editorial works, art works, stage works, computer works) and related rights (art performances, phonograms, videograms, broadcast)
We draw up and review copyright contracts (contracts of proprietary copyrights transfer and license agreements
- We cooperate with authors and performing artists, as well as with the managers of music groups at the stage of creating musical works
- We represent producers in contract negotiations with authors and artists, as well as with broadcasters and distributors
- We represent the authors and artists in negotiating contracts with producers and publishers
- We render comprehensive legal services for institutions of culture (such as libraries, theatres or philharmonic orchestras). We advise on organising artistic events (such as theatre performances, concerts, festivals, and charity events);
Up to date we have advised:
- Prime Film Production in negotiations with TVP S.A. of agreements to produce TV series (among others: Piąty stadion, Trzecia połowa, Lepsza połowa)
- music band Raz Dwa Trzy, playing an active role in renegotiations of previous publishing contracts, as well as with new contracts with Warner Music Polska
- Justyna Steczkowska in her dispute with musicians (including a court dispute) and distributor (Empik) concerning copyright
- Agnieszka Mazanek and Dellfine Dellert in negotiations of screenplay and direction contracts of a documentary series with ZPR Media S.A.
- Baltmedia Film Group in negotiations of a screenplay contract for a feature film
- Kristoffer Rus in negotiations with an American partner, regarding the realization of a documentary series